Puttin' On The Ritz

More sophisticated by the second, etc.

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Feel Free, etc.

I will skip the pleasantries and simply get down to business.

October 2, 2004 -- Asterisk, Brooklyn
We neither asked nor were asked to play this show; we were merely informed that we would be performing. I arrived quite late so it is unclear how the other bands performed. My friend Sophie was celebrating her birthday, so I was getting drunk at a karaoke bar (warming up, as it were) and was unable to put in an appearance until 1:30am or so. Kevin was in rare form when I walked in, ranting and raving about how he had already played and lambasting me for bailing on certain activities that were transpiring at the party. Nevertheless, I turned up; I always turn up. You can probably well imagine what sort of show we put on, that is to say neither of us were quite in our right mind. Another thing I would like to mention is that this was our silver jubilee, our 25th show. I remember rolling around on the ground a lot and heckling the hecklers. It might be better said that I kept falling off the stage onto the ground and then proceeded to roll around once I was down there. Kevin kept trying to tell jokes in between songs but I don't think they made a whole lot of sense. The set ended with Kevin and I both playing the drums, one stick and one hand a piece, and his ridiculously tall (and hairy) friend Joe rapping (!) over the resulting ill beats. For some reason, I continued to drink more beer after the show, which might very well have been a mistake. My night ended when I got home, vomited, and watched Casualties of War, starring my good friend Michael J. Fox.

Puttin' On The Ritz HQ has been buzzing with rumors of Japanese tours, performances at brothels, and probably other things I've forgotten about. So far, these are all just rumors, but we sincerely hope that there will be some truth to them, someday. We did get a little press, however. If you speak Japanese, please tell me what this says:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/dotlinecircle/archives/7189554.html

Also, I thought it would be fun to create a myspace page for us. I'm still not sure if the fun has started yet, but as always, I'll let history be the judge. The upside is that it features some rough mixes of our latest recording, takes and tracks mostly picked at random. To listen, send us fan and/or hate mail, or simply ogle our hot bods, take a gander at:

http://www.myspace.com/puttinontheritz

Thank you all for your continued support, and we look forward to seeing you soon. Feel free to buy one or both of us a drink or ten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home