Puttin' On The Ritz

More sophisticated by the second, etc.

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Agnostic Prayers, etc.

Sometimes I wonder how us modern citizens, the godless masses, are supposed to atone for our sins. I have more than once found myself looking for salvation at the bottom of a bottle of bourbon, and I am sure that I am not alone in that. Somehow, it just never seems to be there, however much temporary comfort the soothing brown liquid might bring. Perhaps faith is the answer, perhaps the Christians have had it right all along. Just to believe in a better world is enough for it to exist; to believe is enough to save us all. Perhaps it is a mistake to confuse credulity with weakness, a mistake to confuse cynicism with strength. I suppose it all depends on what you have faith in, these days. There are many roads to heaven or salvation or enlightenment; Puttin' On The Ritz is but one of them. We are neither cynics nor saints, but we already died for your sins and we're still wondering who will absolve us of our own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home