Puttin' On The Ritz

More sophisticated by the second, etc.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Meetings, etc.


I just wanted to share with you the fact that not only did I get to chat with Terry Gilliam for a bit this afternoon (as you can see from this fine photo), but I walked by a tall man with big white hair whom (I was later informed) was none other than Thomas Pynchon. If you want to know why I didn't recognize him then you're an idiot. Thank you for sharing in my excitement. I'm generally not one to get overly enthused about meeting celebrities, but I feel like this is an obvious exception.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Jimmy Legs said…

    can you trust your source who told you it was pynchon? are you it wasn't, say, jim jarmusch? did you get a look at his teeth?

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger B.J. said…

    Yes, it was a reliable source. Adam Chodikoff is not known for embellishment, and I know what Jim Jarmusch looks like. I did not see his teeth, however.

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Then I am an "idiot."

    By the way, the word should be "who," not "whom," in your sentence,"I walked by a tall man with big white hair whom (I was later informed) was none other than Thomas Pynchon."

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger BJ Rubin said…

    Perhaps you are technically correct, but I happen to prefer the way "whom" sounds in that particular sentence. I am not the type to feel guilty about playing fast and loose with the laws of grammar.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home