Puttin' On The Ritz

More sophisticated by the second, etc.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Hello, etc.

How flattered am I to be a guest blogger for Puttin' on the Ritz? Very. While I was firmly instructed to write about relevant topics, there are a few matters I'd like to address first.

Bus Etiquette. Please, when you are exiting the bus, do so from the rear. The front is primarily intended for entry, and exiting there simply creates negative bus flow and general anger. A front exit is acceptable a) late at night, and b) if there are shady characters in the back. A front exit is never acceptable if you are walking all the way from the back, and especially if, when you exit the bus and go wherever you're going, you walk back towards the rear. The latter scenario is the most extreme and horrifying, yet I witness this on a regular basis.

Hitchhiking on Bedford Ave. Opinions? Concerns? I've considered doing this many, many times (e.g. this morning) while waiting for the B61 in the rain (or otherwise inclement weather).

Summer Fashion. Predictions? I plan on purchasing (or making?) a few tube tops and a sundress or two. Oh, and shorts. My line of work won't allow for cute shoes, but that's ok. Headbands will also make their customary appearance.

After receiving a call from BJ (no word from Kevin, of course) about a last-minute PotR appearance at the Glasshouse, I stopped by after a long day of serving the people. I missed their set, but got to hang out with them anyway. Oh my, those two are handsome! Kevin went on and on about the baked tofu, cucumber and red onion sandwiches that I make, and BJ continued to charm everyone in the room. Since I missed the show last night, I'll say a few words about the performance last Saturday at Eat Records. Courtesy of Mr. Mathew Lynch, esq, I screened video footage of this. I am not allowed to post it here, per PotR blog policy. But I must say the show went very well, and I'm glad they accepted my invitation to play (I know they are very busy, and it was possible that they wouldn't be able to make it). There was a point at which BJ, whilst singing, lunged at me and sort of embraced me or something. I may have squealed a little, but it was all in good fun. They were a bit too loud, I guess. We're trying to make a good impression on the landlord and neighbors, so it's important that we don't come off as a bunch of hooligans. Anyway. Thank you. I enjoyed this tremendously. Word to all my peeps.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i was there and Kevin was just as charming as BJ.
    BJ also spent nearly 20 min. unlocking his new maroon and silver bike w/ extra cushioned seat.
    Does he always take that long? Next time I'm ordering a mushroom & pepperoni pizza from Carmine's.

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hitchhiking is dangerous, krasdale. some axe murderer might pick you up. that wouldn't be cool and the cafe would suffer since you don't have paco yet.

    summer fashion is great. i was thinking of buying some new shirts. lightweight button downs in summery colors.

    well done, krasdale. i would like some pizza now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home