Puttin' On The Ritz

More sophisticated by the second, etc.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

My Darling Dear, etc.

Me: "What's up? You were supposed to be here a half hour ago."
Kevin: "Well, I'm not."
Me: "I can see that. Where are you?"

For some reason, every time we record, we have to play a show as well. I'm not quite sure why. We had a great session; in fact it was our best to date. Thanks are due to Bill Racine, who in addition to being my roommate engineered the shit out of the session. I believe he is available to record your band as well, his rates may or may not be competitive but he is quite skilled, apparently. Listen for yourself. That this all went down in our living room probably helped as well, the vibe was just on, man. Dude, we even overdubbed some backing vocals. We actually overdubbed melodica for christsake. Then we went to visit Casey Block and his cronies at Eat Records.

March 19, 2005 -- Eat Records, Brooklyn
I love riding my bicycle to shows. There is a certain, um, I don't know what about it. Regardless, we were special guests (per usual). That is to say that we played last and not many people realized we were playing. Thus, people starting leaving just before we went on. Alas. We powered through, somehow. Not everyone left, although we have played to virtually empty rooms in the past. Casey brought me a microphone and a busted cord, which meant that I was not amplified. After the first song he told Kevin not to hit his one cymbal so much, as his landlord lives upstairs. Undaunted, we soldiered on. I walked around the room, rolling around on the floor and screaming. When, as is our practice, I informed the audience we were going to take them to outer space, Kevin got behind an organ that someone had used for something and began playing "Earth Angel". We didn't get much farther than the chorus because neither of actually know the rest of the song. During the last song I pushed Kevin out the front door and sang the last few lines, whilst he sat outside and talked to someone on his cellular telephone. For legal reasons I have decided to forget the rest of the evening. Thank you, goodnight.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We so enjoyed having you play. Thanks for the wonderfully memorable evening!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home