Puttin' On The Ritz

More sophisticated by the second, etc.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Respect Love Of The Heart Over Lust Of The Flesh, etc.

Today was a pretty amazing day to be alive, from my personal point of view. This is to say that it was not a day to be stuck in a windowless room, which I may or may not have been. I will make no admissions at this juncture. Spring is in the air, my friends. For those of you that are in New York City, I say kudos. Well chosen geographical location. For those of you who cannot be here, I hope that you are also enjoying the coming of the season for loving, etc. I was not paying attention to the degrees Kelvin you might have been experiencing, I do not know how far above absolute zero that you are currently living. Did you know that all motion stops at absolute zero? In other words, electrons stop moving in their shells, neutrons are not decaying into protons (and not emitting an electron in the process, either), and I run out of ways to say I love you. Despite the fact that you cannot know the precise location and velocity of my sentiments, know that they are heartfelt. What this all means is total hearsay and most likely a bit vague. But really, I'm dodging the issue here. The heart of the matter, so to speak, is that Puttin' On The Ritz completely adores you, despite the fact that "on" and "the" probably shouldn't be capitalized but I don't really care. Such trivial matters are not important; we are currently in love. Who are we in love with? I just told you! You! Weren't you listening? We're not even drunk, even if I am working on it right now (Kevin's actual state of inebriation cannot be determined right now as I am not in contact with him). But I know how he feels, and if he were here right now he would probably give you a sloppy kiss or something to that effect. All these 1s and 0s cannot convey the extent of the joy we feel to be in your presence. Really, it is what makes life worth living. If we are lucky, our next conference call will be a little less virtual and we will have some sort of tactile interaction. Next time you see us, make sure to blow kisses instead of throwing beer bottles; the bottles actually really hurt. We are not immune to pain of the body nor of the heart. But we love you despite the fights, despite the pain, despite the grief. We accept you with all your faults, as we certainly have our share. We really mean it. Really.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thank you for the acceptance, etc.

    i am currently a braceface and in excruciating (*excruciating*) pain, so that's good to know, because i've rather given up hope on the world/dating/etc recently, so it's the best i'm probably going to get for a long time.

    so thanks.

    marcy

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger B.J. said…

    Marcy, I am glad that we can be here for you in your hour of need. We would love to be able to assist, in our own small way, alleviate the pain you feel in your heart and your teeth. We are here for you, just as we are here for everyone. We have nothing but love in our hearts, although we do occasionally have palpitations and they tend to throw us a bit off course. We try our best despite this; we are not infallible but I would like to think that we hit the mark more often than not. Good luck, god bless, etc.

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thanks, gracias, merci, danke, etc.

    marcy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home