Puttin' On The Ritz

More sophisticated by the second, etc.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

One More Time, etc.

In case you were curious, we're totally serious. I believe that it is currently dawn and that I am being made painfully aware of the fact that it is a brand new day. Whilst this means that I will, in all likelihood, sleep through the vast majority of it, I am glad that we can have this quiet little moment together. It has been a long night indeed. And I, I took the one less travled by. And it has made all the difference. I am so serious that I am quoting poems that I don't even like. What does this all mean? It means that I need to start going to sleep a little earlier because I don't have curtains and the sun really does wake me up in the morning. It also means that some thing are better left unsaid. Actually, I don't really believe that either. What it really means is that you should, in every possible instance (well, I don't actually advise this), damn the torpedoes. Damn them indeed, ramming speed seems much more appropriate and ill advised but really, at the end of the day, a much better story. I think I might have had you at hello, but as I never actually said that I think this whole series of events might be problematic, what with causality and all. If you could turn the clock back to August 13, 1978, would you? I pick that date arbitrarily as it is my birthday. If you could not only have your sins forgiven, but erased, would you? How far back does the clock need to be turned back before we are innocent again? Do we really miss the innocence? I think I just miss being skinnier and feeling more healthy. But that is neither here nor there. This might all be for the birds, my fine feathered friend. I will allow you to be the judge, as I am obviously in no shape to be. But know this -- it is never all for naught. Even when it is, it isn't. I am trying really hard to be positive right now when all I really want to do is get some sleep. So with that, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home